I'm finally getting around to posting about our trip to Eureka Springs from a couple of weekends ago; we had such a great time! I hadn't been there in years, since I was in college. We didn't leave the boats and go into town until right before our dinner reservation, so I didn't have a chance to spend much time there. Dave and I agreed we'd have to come back sometime and actually spend more time looking, shopping and walking around.
We were guests on Chris and Jana's boat for the journey down Tablerock Lake, and then on down to Eureka Springs via other lakes and a river. (I think it was a river, good thing I wasn't navigating!) It was a five-and-a-half hour trip, with Chris driving and Dave navigating. Our friends Garry and Heather came down from KC, and we also joined 3 other houseboats from the dock once we got to Eureka Springs.
We all enjoyed dinner together, at a great little restaurant (the name escapes me). Some of our friends from the other boat had been there all day, and had indulged in some cocktails prior to dinner, so we were a rowdy group. Eureka Springs was hoppin' because War Eagle craft show was the same weekend, so we decided to move our party back to the boats. I was actually in bed pretty early, but I know some of the group was up til 2AM- of course we were given a hard time for being the young ones and going to bed early! The next morning we enjoyed Jim's yummy cappucinos with him and Charli on their boat, and then started our leisurely trek back up to Tablerock.
I'll spare everyone the majority of the pictures, but here's a few- (Garry, I had to post the one of you as "Captain"!)
We were guests on Chris and Jana's boat for the journey down Tablerock Lake, and then on down to Eureka Springs via other lakes and a river. (I think it was a river, good thing I wasn't navigating!) It was a five-and-a-half hour trip, with Chris driving and Dave navigating. Our friends Garry and Heather came down from KC, and we also joined 3 other houseboats from the dock once we got to Eureka Springs.
We all enjoyed dinner together, at a great little restaurant (the name escapes me). Some of our friends from the other boat had been there all day, and had indulged in some cocktails prior to dinner, so we were a rowdy group. Eureka Springs was hoppin' because War Eagle craft show was the same weekend, so we decided to move our party back to the boats. I was actually in bed pretty early, but I know some of the group was up til 2AM- of course we were given a hard time for being the young ones and going to bed early! The next morning we enjoyed Jim's yummy cappucinos with him and Charli on their boat, and then started our leisurely trek back up to Tablerock.
I'll spare everyone the majority of the pictures, but here's a few- (Garry, I had to post the one of you as "Captain"!)
Cheers!
Garry had a fun weekend!
Jim, Dave and Dave, late Saturday night
