First, I have to say I stand corrected; we are in Sonoma Valley, not Napa Valley, as I've been saying for weeks now. Sonoma is right by Napa, and both are the heart of wine country here in California. Today we will be going on a ride through Sonoma and Napa, so I'll be well versed on both by the time we leave. Dave is renting a Harley and we're heading out to the coast to ride on Highway 1 this morning, then coming back in this afternoon to tour some of the wineries with our friend, DJ. Since Dave doesn't like wine, it works out well- he can drive the bike and I can drink the wine, and all is well!
We had a wonderful first day yesterday; our flight landed in San Francisco by 12 noon so that gave us the entire afternoon and evening. We ate lunch in SF at a great deli, then headed out to Sonoma, which is about an hour away from the city. We are staying at the Vintner's Inn, which is a very nice boutique hotel with 40 rooms and a five-star restaurant. Here's a few pics of our hotel:



I'll post more later, as we have to get to breakfast now and go get the bike. It is sunny and will be 80 degrees today- a wonderful place to spend a relaxing few days!