I'm sitting down to write after dinner out with Dave and Jace at a local Japanese steak house. I didn't realize that Jace had actually never been to one; he really enjoyed it. Not only did he like all of tricks that the chef did on the hibachi grill in front of us, but he really loved the food, too. I haven't seen him eat that much in quite awhile. Plus they made him some "cheater" chopsticks, with the rubberband and paper at the top, so he was feelin' pretty cool that he could use them to eat his meal!
Tomorrow Jace has Tae Kwon Do at 9:30, and then he goes to his dad's for the weekend. I'll be heading to help my friend Chris at The Cheddar Block for a few hours. We had stopped by the store earlier in the week, and when I found out that Jana has a booth at a local event I said I would be glad to help Chris at the store for a few hours. So, I'll be there tomorrow, donning a Cheddar Block t-shirt and running the cash register! The pay is fine-- all the yummy gourmet coffee I can drink while I'm there... they've got some great holiday flavors, egg nog, apple butter and more!
We were planning on heading down and staying on our boat tomorrow night since Chris and Jana will be down there, but a guy from Dave's company had tickets to the Sunday Chiefs game that he cannot use, so we snagged 'em. Great seats, too! I've never been to a Chiefs game-- being from St. Louis, my family always had tix to the Rams. So, we're off to KC tomorrow, to spend the evening with Garry, Heather and kids, and then head to the game on Sunday.
Looking forward to a fun and busy weekend!