We're preparing for this weekend's Thanksgiving dinner/party, to be held at our home on Saturday night. Dave has had friends over for Thanksgiving for the last several years, always on the Saturday before the actual holiday. His kids, Paige and Neil, head to Chicago with their mom for Thanksgiving Day, so this is Dave's time with them. And, Jace's dad and I had agreed that he could have Jace every Thanksgiving and I would have Jace on Easter with my folks, so it works out great. It will be the five of us, plus about 18 others!! We really would like to invite a few more of our friends, but we just can't fit any more than we have now unless we get a larger home!
Last year was the first year here at my (our) house, which is "cozy" (read: small), only about 1600 square feet. But it was a great dinner and party, and now we'll have even more room this year since Dave knocked the wall out between the kitchen and living room when we renovated the kitchen.
He's out tonight buying the rest of the items for the turkeys, stuffing and potatos that he'll make, and our guests will be bringing side dishes and desserts. I'm on cleaning duty, but it has been much easier since the cleaning lady came only a week and a half ago. (Yay!) My other project that I wanted to have done before Saturday night was to stain the front steps that run up the side of our driveway, and possibly the back deck. We'll see if I can take off a half day tomorrow and least finish the front. Dave reminded me that with the recent time change, by the time the guests arrive at 6pm on Saturday night it will be dark anyway. So, I may have to just be happy with that, if I can't get to it tomorrow! Wish me luck, hopefully I'll have a productive morning at work so I can scoot out of there after lunch.