Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday.

It has been a ridiculously long week, I'm so glad it is Friday. Although I do have to work tomorrow morning at our hospital's annual health expo, so the week isn't over yet. I've done okay on the goals for the week - well, really, let's look at this. My list was:


1. Work out 3-4 times this week - YES!
2. Make healthy food choices this week YES!
3. Lose another 1-3 pounds by next Monday TBD
4. Clean out closet/Get summer & winter clothes switched out NO!
5. Finish painting back deck (at least the old part) NO!
6. Start painting the spare bedroom/office NOT EVEN CLOSE!

So, was I successful? Two out of six doesn't really seem like it, but it feels pretty damn good to know I have been successful on the food and exercise goals. Feeling bad about all those other house cleaning chores that I didn't get done pales in comparison to what I'd feel like if I'd blown my diet again this week.


I've logged my food online every day on Weight Watchers for the past 2 weeks now, which is already progress. That's not to say that I haven't been using the log before now, just not very consistently over the past several months. I would religiously log my foods Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and most Thursdays, but by Friday I would be ready to eat all the fun "weekend" stuff and the log went out the window! I mean, who wants to sit down and log how many points 3 scoops of Nestle Tollhouse cookie dough is? (there's one of my dirty secret diet killers!) So, it was never really a true picture of what I was eating for the week. Now I'm putting everything on the log, and consequently, it seems I'm making better food choices.

Because of my focus on WW this week, I laughed this morning when I checked out one of the blogs that I follow. I don't know where I found her blog, but she's a funny gal, and today she's talking about Weight Watchers at Bye Bye, Pie!

Hope everyone is ready for the weekend. Have a good one!