Sunday, January 27, 2008

Lazy Saturday Morning...

Not lazy for me, though-- just for Rocky (pictured at left), Dave and Wilson. For those of you who don't know Wilson, she's our Welsh Corgi. Her given name is Zoe, what Jace and I named her when we got her three years ago.

However, when Dave came into the picture he quickly tagged her with the nickname Wilson, since she's oblong and pretty roly poly, like a football (And kind of a play on the whole Tom Hanks/volleyball thing in "Castaway" too!). So, now she's really more "Wilson" than "Zoe". Getting her to sit still for a picture is a challenge, though... She hates the sound of the camera being turned on, and runs the other way.

I was up early, taking Jace to Tae Kwon Do. He went to his dad's for the weekend afterwards, and I headed into the office to get some work done. I don't mind working on a Saturday (especially when it's cold out and can't do much anyway); plus, it is a great feeling to get to work on Monday morning and know that you're already ahead of the game, with several things already checked off the list. Woohoo!

Then I headed over to the Plaid Door resale shop yesterday afternoon. The Plaid Door is a fundraiser of the Junior League, with a few paid staff people who work there, and JLS members who volunteer hours as part of our yearly commitments. Last year I was so busy I ended up "buying out" my hours, and paying money to the Plaid Door rather than working my hours. I hated to do that (and my wallet hated it too) so one of my goals this year is to get my hours in well before the May deadline. Next year I'll be the VP of membership for the League, so I know I'll be busy then, and better get in the habit of portioning out my other membership requirements throughout the year rather than procrastinating.

Today we're headed to the lake, for a ride on the boat. It's going to be in the mid-upper 50's, so we're excited to be outside. Better take advantage of this great weather, I see on the forecast we'll be back in the 30's and 40's soon. Hope you all have a great Sunday.