Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Today I Will...

I'm getting daily emails from M.J. Ryan, the author of "Today I Will", the book I'm working on for my New Year's resolutions... some of them are pretty awesome thoughts. I need to figure out how to put her link on here so you could check her site out, but that would take me a little time, and I don't have it right now. For now you'll just have to enjoy her tip for the day.

"Take a tip from high performance athletes. Look at how far you've come, not how much you have left to do. Scientists call this the horizon effect. It creates encouragement—"I've done twice as much as a week ago!" and builds determination—"I've made it this far; I might as well keep going." Focus on the ten pounds you did lose; the closet you managed to clean; the $1,000 debt you've wiped out; the evening you carved out for yourself. Don't forget to ask yourself how you've accomplished the task so far, so you can mine your success for ideas on how to keep going." -- MJ Ryan