Saturday, February 2, 2008

A Weekend of Celebration

I started this post on Saturday, and am finishing it on Sunday. This weekend was a busy one, and as I thought about it, I realized we had a few things to celebrate:


  1. Grandma Gasaway's 100th birthday: My sister Tara started an email conversation with the other four siblings on Friday, remembering that Grandma Gasaway would have celebrated her 100th birthday this February. But the funny thing is, none of really know if it was Friday OR Saturday. My brother Rob says that her birthday is on Feb. 2nd, but that she didn't want to be associated with a groundhog, so she always wanted to celebrate on February 1st. Grandma lived next door to us and was such a big part of our lives, especially after our mom died. She lived to age 93, and was an amazing woman.

  2. Paige was honored as a Homecoming Candidate: Dave's daughter was chosen as a junior queen candidate at her high school, and the game/ceremony was Friday night. She's a very smart, beautiful and good-hearted young lady, and she looked absolutely GORGEOUS Friday night. Her dad and mom have raised a wonderful daughter, and I'm glad to be a part of her life.

  3. Mardi Gras!: Our friends Clay and Cindi had a fabulous Mardi Gras party on Saturday night, and we had a blast! Clay recently renovated his "man cave" at his house, and Dave helped him with the big parts-- putting in a new ceiling, and re-texturing the walls. It looked GREAT, thanks in part to Cindi's paint choices. Definitely a party room! Here's a pic of Clay and Dave -- nice hats, guys!

I wish I could include "celebrating the Patriot's superbowl win" in our weekend of celebration, but amazingly, they didn't pull it off. Dave's especially unhappy about this, since he's a New Englander. Me, I was more excited about the commercials than the game-- I like baseball, really couldn't care less about football. But I was rootin' for the Patriots for him, and was disappointed to see them lose... that's all I really need to say about that.

Hope everyone has a great week, and plenty of your own reasons to celebrate...