Sunday, February 24, 2008

Quiet Weekend

We didn't make it to church this morning (let the record show that I was up, showered, and starting to get ready but hubby was sleepy and talked me out of going... No, he didn't have to twist my arm much; it just was nice to relax and stay in.) So while he's still sleeping, I'm sitting on the sofa with my cup of coffee, and enjoying Jack Johnson's new CD "Sleep Through the Static".

I had a busy morning and early afternoon yesterday, going to the KGBX Women's Expo to help man a booth for GYN Cancers Alliance in the morning and then to guitar lessons. But since then it has been a very quiet weekend here at the Bolduc house. The most excitement we've had is rearranging our furniture a little bit, and watching the poor doggies try to figure out what has happened.

Since Dave is no longer traveling for work and has an office here in town, he decided that we really don't need the home office in our third bedroom. So Friday night we dismantled the office and moved the dog crates from the living room to the bedroom. Paige sleeps in there when she's with us, and likes to have one or both of the doggies in there with her, so I think she'll be fine if the crates are in there as well. Rocky's crate is huge, and I'm thrilled to have it out of the living room.

It has been hilarious to watch the dogs try to figure out why their crates are no longer in the main area of the house. I think Wilson is catching on, but poor Rocky still doesn't have a clue. He is the sweetest dog, but he really only has two brain cells rubbing together in that head of his (Dave says that Rocky got the looks and Wilson got the brains). Since Friday night he's been lost when one of us gives them the "Crates!" call; he goes to where it was in the living room, and then circles around the dining room table, unsure of what to do next. One of us has to take him by the collar, and lead him back to the bedroom; then when he sees it, it's like "Ohhh, there it is...". Same with eating; we always fed him right by his crate, and now his bowl is in the kitchen, and he just looked so confused when I put his food down this morning. I'm sure he'll get it eventually, but right now it is quite the ordeal.

They're both sprawled out on the living room floor right now, enjoying this quiet Sunday morning with me. I'll have to see if I can get a picture of Wilson this afternoon. She hates the sound of the camera and always leaves the room when I turn it on. Think I'll try getting it ready in the other room and then taking her picture... maybe that will work.