I had my hair highlighted and trimmed on Sunday night, and I'm happy with the color -- but a little surprised about the cut. I'm thinking back now, and when she asked me if we were just doing the same thing, what did I answer? I thought I said, "Yes, just trim the ends, and then a little texturizing up here for body.", pointing to my crown. It looked good when she styled it Sunday night; and I pulled it back in a ponytail at the nape of my neck on Monday. So, today was the first day I washed and dried it. Started to fix it, turned around with a mirror so I could look at the back as I used the flat iron... and I have this layer towards the top in the back!! I swear I didn't say "layer around the crown", but that is what it is!! It blends in okay, and will be fine, but I was really growing it out and this puts me back a few months. Good grief.
Then, had to get my summer shoes out of our attic this morning, and grabbed a few pairs of capri pants that were on top of the bin of shoes. Now, I know I've gained weight over the winter. And I've been working on it for the past couple of weeks, and AM starting to see results. But trying on last summer's capris was not the thing to do. They wouldn't fit over my big butt, nor would they button. Ack!
But I'm not going to freak about it (too much). Just going to keep on my same plan, and know that if I keep doing what I'm doing, I'll get there. And, my hair will grow out, too!
That's one of my five strengths, according to Marcus Buckingham's "Now Discover Your Strengths" -- POSITIVITY! Hope your day is going well, and you're feeling positive, too!
(Plus, I'm looking forward to a fun weekend, in just a few days, so that helps my outlook!)