Thursday, May 1, 2008

Hiptionary

One of my co-directors at work is a great guy but we often tease him that he is "out of the loop" when it comes to being cool. But he's fighting back, and is now the proud new owner of "The Little Hiptionary", a gift from another coworker. Now his daughters (who are in their late teens and early twenties) better watch out, because Dad is "all that". I had to go to Borders and snag my own copy, after we cracked up over this little gem in our last director's meeting. Check out a few of the phrases -- if you're already aware of all these below, you're much cooler than I am. If you use them all in everyday conversation, you're probably much YOUNGER than I am too. (Although I might have to add "craptastic" to my vocabulary, I like that one!) Enjoy!

chillax v (chill + relax) 1: to calm down Forget about your crazy day and just chillax, dude. 2: to hang out We're just chillaxin' at my crib.

craptastic adj: (crap + fantastic) incredibly bad; so extraordinarily bad it's comical How do I feel after breaking my leg and getting the chicken pox? I think "craptastic" pretty much sums it up.

fantabulous adj: (fantastic + fabulous) incredibly good Yay! I just heard the fantabulous news about your promotion!

flabdomen n: (flab + abdomen) a flabby midsection "I simply can't lose weight - especially in my flabdomen," she bemoaned, as she sipped cabarnet and stacked cheese cubes on her plate.

Next week I'll post a few definitions from the "Business Slang" section.

We're headed to the lake this weekend, to do a little spring cleaning on the boat. I've checked the Weather Channel website ad nausem, and watched the temp for Saturday go down, down, down. But I guess we'll be happy with 58 degrees, at least it doesn't look like rain!