mancation n: (man + vacation) a men's only vacation; typically a weekend jaunt during which men bond and relax during rounds of golf, steak dinners, and plenty of beer. Hey guys, for our next mancation, what do you think about deep sea fishing, gambling and spa treatments
__________________________________
My hubby is taking a mancation this weekend... it is men's weekend at the lake, on our friend CD's houseboat. I've been watching the weather this week, and unfortunately it looks like rain tomorrow for them-- bummer! But talked with CD's wife last night, and she laughed and said it wouldn't matter to them, they'll still have a great time. Beer, 10+ men and a big houseboat with 3 tvs, a hot tub, a grill and all the amenities for the weekend... uh, and did I mention BEER? They'll be just fine, no matter what the weather.
I'm looking forward to a nice weekend at home with Jace; I'm picking him up from school today, and we'll have the weekend to just hang out. He has a Kid's Night at the Tae Kwon Do studio tonight, they're doing an obstacle course, having pizza, and watching a movie. So think I might head to the gym while he is there. That's a plus for the week- I haven't lost any pounds, but I'm wearing a fitted shirt today that I wouldn't have put on a month ago. It showed off the lovely ring of fat around my midsection way too much, and now that is shrinking again... So I'm getting there, slowly but surely.
Next weekend is swimsuit debut, at Lake of the Ozarks with the Rileys and friends. Not quite ready for that, but I'm getting there.
I'm looking forward to a nice weekend at home with Jace; I'm picking him up from school today, and we'll have the weekend to just hang out. He has a Kid's Night at the Tae Kwon Do studio tonight, they're doing an obstacle course, having pizza, and watching a movie. So think I might head to the gym while he is there. That's a plus for the week- I haven't lost any pounds, but I'm wearing a fitted shirt today that I wouldn't have put on a month ago. It showed off the lovely ring of fat around my midsection way too much, and now that is shrinking again... So I'm getting there, slowly but surely.
Next weekend is swimsuit debut, at Lake of the Ozarks with the Rileys and friends. Not quite ready for that, but I'm getting there.