I headed to Orlando early Friday morning last week, for a fun and very informative Junior League conference. I was in the membership track and took home a lot of information and ideas for our local organization. Two other League members, Brooke and Michele, went to the conference as well, and we had a fabulous weekend together. I have already spent quite a bit of time with them on our executive committee this year, but it was nice to just have some time away to connect with them and get to know them a little better.
We were in the conference all afternoon Friday and all day on Saturday, but we did get to enjoy the sunny, almost 80 degree weather during the evenings.

Friday night we ate at a Greek restaurant near the hotel and then took a cab to a huge outlet mall about 15 minutes away. I saw a TON of clothes I would’ve loved to add to my wardrobe, but since we have a couple of trips coming up I knew I should go easy on the spending. I did find a great pair of shoes at Ann Taylor – regular price $89, and I got ‘em for $29! Score! We had a fun evening Saturday night as well, ate at a great Italian restaurant and then enjoyed a few drinks back at the hotel. We wrapped up the conference Sunday morning and headed home, arriving back in Springfield Sunday night.
I worked Monday, and then Dave and I picked up his daughter Paige and headed to St. Louis Monday night, for her to look at some schools on Tuesday. We’ve been in St. Louis all day today; and now heading home at 9:30 tonight. I’m without internet access in the car, so typing this on Word and will copy it to my blog tomorrow. We had such an exciting day with Paige—she’s an awesome young lady, and has such a bright future ahead of her. .


She’s already been accepted to MSU and MU, and is looking at some other schools in and outside of Missouri. We toured both Washington University and SLU today, and then attended an informational meeting on Boston University this evening. Her plan is to see what schools will give her the best scholarships to attend, and go from there. She and her dad are planning to go to Boston in November and visit both Boston University and Boston College. Dave's family lives in Boston, so she wouldn't be by herself so far away. It was a great day, and her dad was proud and happy for her as we visited all the schools, but also a little melancholy that his little girl is growing up!
Back to the grind tomorrow, and then on to planning for the fabulously fun weekend trip to Eureka Springs. More soon!