Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Hump Day

I'm sitting on the sofa tonight watching a little television, with the doggies sprawled out on either side of me-- they have WAY more of the sofa than I do! Same thing that happens when they (rarely) sleep on the bed with us instead of in their crates; Dave and I end up scrunched up on the bed while Rocky sprawls out all over!

Tomorrow I'll have a new niece or nephew; my sister-in-law, Michele, is scheduled for a c-section tomorrow, so they'll be welcoming child number two into their family. IF it is a boy, it will be the fifth grandson in our family, and still NO granddaughter! Rob posted a poll on his blog a couple of days ago, and as of right now I believe the vote is 14 for girl and 10 for boy. Jace is rooting for another boy cousin, of course!!

I have a short work week, am heading to a Junior League conference Friday-Sunday this weekend, with a couple other women that are on this year's executive board with me. For any of you who hear "Junior League" and think it is a hoity toity sorority-like organization, I can assure you it is not! We have a great mixture of women, and more than 60% of this year's New Member class work outside of the home. Our Springfield League has been an amazing community organization over the past 50 years, and has started and been a part of the Discovery Center, the Teen Court program, the Mobile Dental Unit (Tooth Truck) and so much more.

I'm VP of Membership this year, and will be heading to Orlando, FL to attend the Membership track and get some new ideas about training and retaining volunteers. Plus I'll be spending some time getting to know two of my fellow members better- it promises to be a fun weekend.

Off to get some work done, and start packing for the weekend trip.