Monday, June 9, 2008

Monday...

My first Monday morning meeting today was an appointment with my wellness coach at work. Our employer has finally implemented an employee wellness program over the past couple of years; something that I think should have been done a long time ago- but that is a soapbox I'll climb on another time. Unfortunately, my 3-month checkup with my coach didn't find me in much better shape than last time. Of course I could argue that I am up a couple of pounds because I've been lifting weights, and muscle weighs more than fat- right!? But then I would be lying, because this damn layer of fat around my waistline is STILL HERE.

I actually have been getting quite a bit of cardio exercise, several times a week. But as my coach Tony and I talked about exercise and what I could do differently, I realize that one thing I really did when I lost my weight last year (that same 8-10 pounds, that's all i want!) was interval cardio. Three minutes at a normal pace, and then 3 minutes of really kicking it on the elliptical, back and forth for a total of 40 minutes. He recommended that same thing, so when I headed to the gym tonight, that's what I did. It really gave me more of a workout, and I think it will add the extra boost to my workout and my metabolism.

Speaking of Monday mornings, I thought about my fellow blogger and former colleague, Anne, this morning as I rolled out of bed. SHE is now officially celebrating Life 2.0, and we all bid her farewell with a retirement reception on Friday at the hospital. Of course she will probably be just as busy in retirement as she was working full-time, knowing her!


Here's a pic of Anne with my friend Paula and me.. Anne's looking all professional in this picture, but what you can't see is her flashy bright blue toenails in her peep-toe pumps-- she was all ready for FUN on her last day of work! Best wishes to Anne, as she starts on the next leg of her journey. I'll be keeping up with her travels and stories on her blog, and will be enjoying Life 2.0 vicariously!