And no song that I could sing but I can try for your heart
And our dreams and they are made out of real things
Like a shoebox of photographs with sepia-toned loving
Love is the answer at least for most of the questions in my heart
Like why are we here? And where do we go? And how come it’s so hard?
It’s not always easy and sometimes life can be deceiving
I’ll tell you one thing, it’s always better when we’re together
It’s always better when we’re together
We’ll look at the stars when we’re together
It’s always better when we’re together
It’s always better when we’re together
("Better Together" - Jack Johnson, In Between Dreams)

One year ago today I married this funny, incredibly intense (laid back? Rarely!) and absolutely wonderful man on a beach in Jamaica. I love this picture of the two of us; we have an album filled with gorgeous wedding pictures, ones that show the lush scenery and the two of us in our wedding clothes. But this picture is my very favorite, because we both look SO happy and in love. I treasure that huge smile of mine, and that feeling that you can see on both of our faces. This picture reminds me of that feeling every time I see it.
It has been a wonderful year, one in which we've continued to grow as a couple and as a blended family. Of course there are ups and downs, but the reality is that there are ups and downs in every relationship. (Sometime soon I will have to find and post a quote from one of my favorite authors, Anne Morrow Lindbergh, about the ebb and flow of love.)
I love this man, who I can honestly call my best friend; I know that we are better together. Happy 1st Anniversary, honey.