Sunday, July 27, 2008

Pergola Pronunciation Predicament (say that five times fast!)

I took a few pictures yesterday morning, planning to update everyone on the deck that just keeps going. (Just kidding, honey... it is going to be a great deck, and a much better use of our backyard space than the sloped yard we did have! But you have to admit, it is a tad bit big...)




Dave finished the pergola Friday night, and I'm going to buy some lights to string under it. It really is one of my favorite things about the deck, and as we were floating in the lake yesterday afternoon with a group of friends from the dock, I started telling them about it.

Apparently, however, I was not correctly pronouncing "pergola", according to the majority of people floating with us in the lake. I was pronouncing it "per-GO-la" and I guess for those who are in the know and watch HG -TV more than I do, it is "PER-go-la". Damn, what a blow to my spelling/grammar Nazi self-esteem!