
Here's a picture of our first furniture purchase together...(with Rocky- he coordinates well, doesn't he?) We decided (ok, I decided) that Dave's light beige microsuede loveseat had to go. Granted, it WAS comfortable, but it was a totally different style than the leather sofa I have, which is a little rustic-- wide, deep, nailheads around the arms,etc. The sofa goes well with the rest of the decor, and is also very comfortable. So he agreed that we'd replace the loveseat-- he just didn't know what that would mean, as far as shopping!
Buying a key piece of furniture did not mean going to going to the closest furniture store and buying the first thing that struck our fancy...no, it involved going to every furniture store in Springfield, at least once. Plus we had to look at style (my main concern) AND comfort (his). By the end of the first night, his MO was to immediately seek out the nearest comfortable armchair when we walked in a store, and I was to come and get him if there was anything I liked.
Buying a key piece of furniture did not mean going to going to the closest furniture store and buying the first thing that struck our fancy...no, it involved going to every furniture store in Springfield, at least once. Plus we had to look at style (my main concern) AND comfort (his). By the end of the first night, his MO was to immediately seek out the nearest comfortable armchair when we walked in a store, and I was to come and get him if there was anything I liked.
Needless to say I went without him the next day, to complete my trek to the remaining stores. After finding a couple that I really liked, I asked him to go with me on Saturday. En route, we stopped by one other store that I hadn't checked out, and found the one that we agreed upon. It's a great chair-and-a-half, comfortable AND coordinates with the leather sofa.
AND it was a closeout deal, so we had it for the Mizzou game that night, which was the best part of all.