Well, we didn't get that foot of snow they were promising this past Saturday... I, for one, was happy, since our work Christmas party was scheduled for Saturday night and we were worried we would have to cancel with the threat of major snow. So, after waking up Saturday morning and seeing that the forecasters were TOTALLY wrong, Jace and I headed to his TaeKwonDo class (which, as a proud mom, I must say he is really doing quite well with the class, and is showing a lot of discipline and determination!!) and then he went with his dad for the weekend. After his class I headed out for a morning of shopping...I'm trying not to wait until the absolute LAST minute to finish this year-- I'm actually doing quite well!
After spending the morning shopping I headed home, and Dave was already gone to the gym for a couple hours. So I turned the heat up, let the dogs in, and settled down in the new armchair with a book, a glass of wine, and the TV on the Sirius Christmas music station. Ahhhh.... Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, I saw the big, fat snowflakes start to fall outside... it was just a PERFECT afternoon.
I'm looking forward to heading home to my folks this weekend; it will just be Jace and me, and then we'll come back home on Sunday to join Dave, Paige and Neil for our own little Christmas celebration on Sunday night and all day Monday.
Hope you all have a wonderful week!