Merry Christmas, everyone! Dave's still sleeping in this morning, and we have plans later to head down to the lake and spend a quiet Christmas Day with friends, and take the boat out for a ride. We went to candlelight service at church last night, and the kids went to their other parents' for Christmas yesterday afternoon, so it is just us this morning...
We had a wonderful weekend, Jace and I came back from St. Clair on Sunday (will post some family pics, including a GREAT one of new nephew Sam) and then we celebrated Christmas with just the 5 of us on Sunday afternoon/evening. I think Paige, Neil and Jace were happy with their presents, and Dave got a few small things, since his big present was that new ATV he bought a couple of months ago. I had asked for a car adapter for my Ipod, since my old one gave up the ghost a few months ago.
But Dave sure surprised me, with something I have definitely wanted but hadn't ever asked for or thought seriously about buying yet-- an acoustic guitar! He and the kids went to one of the music stores in town, and listened to the guy's tutorial for an hour about what makes up a good acoustic guitar... I was so surprised, although I shouldn't be-- under that loud, brash exterior is a heart of gold, he just doesn't let everyone see it.
I have played piano for years, both reading music and by ear, but have always wanted to learn the guitar too. I think I'd be able to play by ear as well-- and can just see us down at the lake, sitting there on the dock drinking some cocktails with friends and me playin' some Jack Johnson, etc... So, I guess I better get started with some lessons, if I want to be ready by summer!