Monday, April 28, 2008

Birthday Fun!

I know it has been awhile since I've posted, and even Dave has apparently taken notice. He just walked through and commented that he checked out my blog today and wondered when I'll be posting an update... I reassured him that I am already taking care of it.
We had a fun and busy birthday weekend; it started on Thursday night, courtesy of our friend, Christy (above). Even though we hadn't been out to Bently's for several months, she remembered our birthday and emailed us the week before, with plans to get a group of folks together on Thursday night. So we spent a couple of hours at Uncle Bently's with Christy, Chris, Scott and more. Jeff the bartender had me going for a minute, with our waitress coming over and carding me. I was pleasantly surprised for a moment, and then looked up to see him grinning at me!!

Here's Dave and I with our friend, Chris-- he was Dave's neighbor when we met, and we don't get out to see him and the other boys too much anymore. But when we do, it is always a good time, and it was great to catch up with Chris and Scotty on Thursday night.

I worked til 3pm on Friday, then picked up Jace and we headed to the Poole Art Center at Drury to see a photography exhibit on global warming. The article in the News Leader last week caught my eye, and I thought it would be a neat exhibit to take Jace to see. He is starting to show interest in science-- often talks about littering, recycling, etc. There were some great aerial photographs, and the artist had a great two-page statement about why he decided to do the project. But I was disappointed that he didn't have explanations by each photo, rather just a title of the photo and the year it was taken. I would've liked to know the history behind each photo, and why the artist thought each was significant. But all in all, it was an interesting exhibit, and I'm glad we went to see it.

Dave's kids came over on Saturday, after they were done with school. This was the third Saturday that they went to school until 1pm, so Rogersville can be done with school before June. We headed down to the lake Saturday evening, to check out the dock and cabin cruiser, and to charge the battery on the fishing boat. Sunday Dave and Neil went back down to the lake to fish, and I went to church. Then spent the afternoon with Jace and Paige, and finally had a great almost-3 mile brisk walk Sunday night, to wrap up the weekend.

I worked out tonight, as well -- two miles on the elliptical at the Y, followed by weights. I'll officially be in a swimsuit in just a few weeks, when we join Lucas and her hubby at Lake of the Ozarks. Yikes!!! I mean, for the swimsuit... Yay!! -- for the weekend, I can't wait!

I'll be updating on the deck very soon, I've been taking pictures as Dave progresses a little every few days. Tomorrow they are bringing the hot tub... of course it will be quite a while before the deck is done and we can actually USE the thing, but it is still exciting to see all the progress.